First Jennifer! Then Shawntele! I’ve been tagged!
I run out of interesting things to tell people about myself and when it comes to these memes, I’m still the world’s worst! But I’ll take on the challenge to stretch my memory muscle.
1. I think that I really do have selective memory! I don’t remember a whole lot about my childhood. That has sadly carried over a little into my adult life too.
2. I drove without a license when I was 15 and 16. My parents didn’t want to pay insurance yet. So they waited until I was 17 to let me get my license.
3. I’ve had online friends tell me that I’m funny. I’m really not. Just ask my family.
4. I was told by many of my peers in high school that I acted too white for them (these were my black friends talking). Now some of my white friends say that I’m the “whitest black woman they know”. What’s THAT supposed to mean?!
5. I have mastered the art of tuning my children out. I’m doing better at listening intentionally now though.
6. I want to learn to ride a motorcycle. Even my husband can’t see that happening!
7. I used to eat powdered starch with my mom when she was preggers with my sister. Hey. I was 4 years old. I can still remember the taste…kinda. That is one childhood memory I guess I held on to.
Living with Sword and Coffee,