I know that I’ve been lax in blogging when one of my friends, Angela, emails me to check on me! I mentioned to her that maybe I should do a “I’m still here” kinda post.
I was just telling one of my other dear friends, Traci Michele, that I have so many things floating around in my heart that I can’t pin it down or even know where to start.
The picture above rightly describes my state of mind right now. A heap of bright ideas that aren’t shining YET.
I do know a few things:
- God’s Word is speaking to me
- I’m still on my journey of learning more about prayer (I’m reading Too Busy Not to Pray by Bill Hybels)
- I’m spending more shoulder-to-shoulder and heart-to-heart time with my husband
- Playing more games with my children
- Getting REALLY serious about my children’s education
I guess my time is being invested more in my family; which is what I want and need. Not that my family was being totally neglected before, but my time is just a little more focused.
You may be wondering why I have a photo of clothes in a closet. Well, forget about the clothes and I’ll focus on the closet. Yep…you got it. Prayer closet.
But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.
I’d like to share a couple of things that I’m learning (adding to my knowledge) about prayer:
- God is not my buddy (my friend, yes). He’s the Sovereign God! Knowing this makes me want to bow down before Him.
- God’s power is released when I pray.
- Prayer (which includes listening to God) opens the door for God to reveal more of Himself to me.
My journey continues and I know will never end. I’m thankful that God speaks to me. I’m waiting for Him to speak to me in terms of what to post/blog. I’m guessing that this is one post that He directed me to write.
Time to go back to the prayer closet. Until next time,
May God abundantly bless you!!