I wasn’t excited at first because I was riding on the anticipation of receiving an actual Science curriculum…BUT I am soooo glad that this book came to me instead (even though science curriculum would still be nice, but I digress).
As I was reading through the Table of Contents and thumbing through the 509 pages of this easy to comprehend mega guide, I thought, “THIS is what I have been needing!” Why do I feel that I need this book?
- I will never be beyond needing extra help and guidance.
- I was questioning my reason and ability to home educate my children.
- I need fresh perspective.
In 10 Parts (in 34 chapters [don’t let that scare you!!]), Debra covers:
- Part 1: Homeschooling: Is It for You? (she lovingly hits hard on this one. You should have no doubt by the end of Part 1 your decision to homeschool or not!)
- Part 2: Choosing a Curriculum
- Part 3: Organization and Planning
- Part 4: Preventing Burnout (something that many a homeschool moms face).
- Part 5: What to Teach — When and How
- Part 6: Homeschooling Teens (pssst… Debra is writing a high school version of this book! Can’t wait to get my hands on it when it comes out. I’ll do a review for it even if I have to buy it myself!!)
- Part 7: Computers in the Homeschool
- Part 8: Creative Solutions
- Part 9: Measuring Your Success
- Part 10: Resource Guide
Here you can get a closer look at the detailed Table of Contents.
Another treat for you: Part 1: Homeschooling: Is it for You?: Chapter 6
I urge you not to miss this powerful homeschool resource!!!
The investment, $20.00 is minimal compared to the wisdom you’ll receive.
Visit TOS Homeschool Crew’s blog to read what other homeschool families have to say about the Ultimate Guide to Homeschooling.
Disclaimer: This company provided a free copy of this resource for our family to use in our homeschool. I share my personal, honest opinion of the product (good, bad or indifferent). I have not received any financial compensation for this review.