I’m writing this today as a “prompting”. Maybe its meant for a particular reader, or it may be something that I’m writing now that I’ll need later. Who knows, but obedience is sure.
There can be beauty in your struggle.
Are you aching? Is there something (habit, attitude, addiction, temptation) that you need to rid yourself of? Feeling a deepness that you can’t put your finger on? A struggle within that you can’t figure out…or maybe you know exactly what it is?
Here’s the beauty:
- God cares for you! (1 Peter 5:7)
- The Holy Spirit will guide you in wisdom (John 16:13)
- God gives you the ability to calm yourself (Philippians 4:6)
- You can have the peace of God (the peace that you don’t understand) (Philippians 4:7)
- The Holy Spirit intercedes for you; you know, for those times when you don’t know what or how to pray (Romans 8:26)
- We have the option to continue to let satan run roughshod OR GO TO BATTLE. (Ephesians 6:10-18)
We have tools, dear friend! Weapons that are mightier than our enemy.
Seek God! Renew your mind. (Romans 12:1-2 and Ephesians 4:17-24).
We can’t afford to be weak-minded.
There is no need to let a struggle overtake you.
Get proactive in getting help. Be held accountable.
Will it be easy? Probably not!
Is it doable? With God, absolutely!
Will it happen overnight? I can’t answer that.
I want to encourage you to look for the beauty.
I’m praying that your struggle will get dimmer and dimmer and that you’ll be overcomingly (new word 😉 ) victorious! In Jesus’ Name!
Living With Sword and Coffee,